Saturday, December 8, 2012

I just heard the worst horror wedding photography story...
I had a client come to the studio and we got talking about their wedding day and the photos they had taken. They chose a photographer out of town to photograph their special day and were mortified and angry when the photographer refused to deliver as promised. They waited 7 months to receive their wedding photos... when it was promised to be within a couple months of the wedding day. They said many phone calls were made in attempt to get their disc.  and when they finally received the disc.....

The photographer put big a "x" on some of the photos on their disc so they could not make prints. They said the best one of them together had a big "x" on the photo, how sad.  They loved some of the second shooter's photos, but how terrible of the main photographer.

When picking a photographer to photograph your wedding day, meet with them. See if you feel a connection, and fully trust the photographer. Get everything in writing, and sign a contract.  Your Wedding day is one of the most important days of your lives, so  spend it with someone you feel comfortable with and fully trust.

I feel like I've had a connection with all of my Brides (and grooms). I had one bride tell me that she was starting to feel a little overwhelmed, looked over and saw me (I gave her a little smile) and she said she immediately took a deep breath and felt better. Her telling me that is something that has stuck with me with every wedding. I try my best to keep everyone relaxed and comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments.. I love comments and love hearing from others!

Blog Archive